Job Title: Digital Marketing & Social Media Intern
Permanent Distribution is looking for a tech-savvy individual to join our family of brands and manage the Social Media initiatives within the marketing department. This internship is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and sharpen skills for today’s digital world.
The Digital Marketing & Social Media Intern is literally a Brand Ambassador in the digital world. This internship allows for immense growth for someone seeking course credit, employer recommendation, additional experience, or someone who is passionate about social media and skateboarding.
Interested candidates must be organized, committed, self-motivated, team-oriented, professional, and most importantly, reliable.
RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB DESCRIPTION
The following job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function within the company.
- Execute and help further develop an innovative, on-going social media plan/strategy across all channels of social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Youtube, etc.) and continually update that plan/strategy and improve effectiveness through consistence and adaptation
- Post MULTIPLE TIMES PER DAY to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter as instructed in Social Media Guidelines
- Watchfully subscribe to the activity of Team Riders and Media Partners of all the brands that we carry, re-posting relevant content daily
- Directly interact with our social media audience on a daily basis, including liking photos/posts within our community
- Use Social Media to introduce new product and inspire online sales
- Create compelling social media snippets, help with online contests, promotions, etc.
- Encourage and monitor positive discussion, engaging with customers via social media platforms, fostering positive customer relationships
- Reply to questions and comments when appropriate
- Use the provided style & dialogue guide to ensure social media communications are in line with our brand expectations
- Become meticulously familiar with the brands we distribute in order to act as a brand ambassador in the digital world. Understand the story and culture behind each brand
- Write, edit, and proofread social media editorial content as requested
- Work closely with the brand marketing team to help broadcast team rider activities
- Where applicable, travel to local events to cover relevant brand stories if possible
Monitor emerging trends in social media tools, culture, applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to optimizing the usage of social media
- Self-starting personality who frequently blogs, writes, or otherwise engages using online media on a regular basis
- Thorough knowledge of skateboarding a must, experience in the industry a plus
- Experience in grammar correction, copywriting, editing
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently
- Technically-savvy, knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Good HTML and Adobe Photoshop skills (duties include basic html usage, photo resizing, etc.)
- Proven understanding of social media and its role in business marketing
- Customer Service background is a plus
NOTE: This is an unpaid internship with the possibility of conversion to a full-time job. It is a great opportunity for someone with social media and customer service experience.
We will gladly work around your school schedule.
Please include links to your Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and/or blog.
For consideration, please submit your resume, portfolio, and references to email@example.com